1. Stay connected with friends and family members on phone while travelling.
2. Use GPS on your smart phone when you’re travelling first time to any location.
3. Click pictures & note details of vehicle and driver and convey it to your spouse/parents/friends. Even if you cant reach anyone, pretend as if you are on a actual call conveying all the details. Make sure the driver hears you.
4. Opt for a familiar road. Prefer a crowded long route rather than a lonely short route.
5. Never allow any mid way commuter to share your booked cab under any circumstance.
6. While returning from late night parties, preferably ask your friends to drop you back home. Avoid using cabs when you are not in full conscious.
7. Keep a pepper spray in your bag at such a place which can be easily accessible in case of emergency.
8. Keep your phone charged and enable monthly Internet data packs if you are a regular commuter for using maps and emergency mobile apps.
9. Keep contacts on speed dials so that you can immediately make a call if needed.
10. Keep an eye at everything around you. Be aware of your surroundings and trust your instincts.